(1) There shall be a fund to be known as the District Assemblies Common Fund.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, Parliament shall annually make provision for the allocation of not less than five percent of the total revenues of Ghana to the District Assemblies for development; and the amount shall be paid into the District Assemblies Common Fund in quarterly instalments.
(3) The moneys accruing to the District Assemblies in the Common Fund shall be distributed among all the District Assemblies on the basis of a formula approved by Parliament.
(4) There shall be appointed by the President with the approval of Parliament, a District Assemblies Common Fund Administrator.
(5) Parliament shall by law prescribe the functions and tenure of office of the Administrator in such a manner as will ensure the effective and equitable administration of the District Assemblies Common Fund.
(6) Nothing in this Chapter or any other law shall be taken to prohibit the State or other bodies from making grants-in-aid to any District Assembly.